Online Sewing Classes for everyone
Learn all the skills you need to sew the wardrobe of your dreams
Learn to sew in a way that suits you
- Wherever you are in the world, get the Sew Stitch Creat8 class experience from the comfort of your own sewing table
- Our classes are available 24/7 so you can fit your sewing around your busy schedule
- With the option to dip in and out of the classes as you like, you can learn at your own pace. Rewind as many times as you like!
- Tutorials for specific skills, handy pattern hacks and how to follow patterns!
– 3 hours
– Learn how to set up, thread and use a sewing machine from scratch.
Areas I cover include:
- Threading the machine
- Winding a bobbin
- Learning the different functions of the machine
- Sewing seams
- Sewing in a straight line
- Sewing curves, corners and pivoting
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Making buttonholes
- Machine hemming
- Understanding fabrics, grain lines and seam allowances
- Using a pattern
- Pinning and marking fabric
- Various items that the pupils can make
– 3 sessions of 2 1/2hrs.
– Basic machine knowledge required – completion of Machine
- A shift dress
- Elements I cover include:
- Working from commercial pattern
- Laying out a pattern efficiently
- Pattern cutting
- Pinning and cutting fabric
- Sewing seams
- Basic overlocking
- Attaching hook and eye fasteners
Projects to Make
Make a plain Cushion or a piped cushion. You can bring your own fabric if you already have fabric or I have remnant fabrics in the workshop. Basic machine knowledge required or completion of Beginners Class is required.
– Upcycle – alter & revive sewing workshop.
– Make, do and mend
– Make a Tote bag.
Upcycle – alter & revive sewing workshop. Items of clothing in your wardrobe that need updating then bring them along to the workshop. Pupils will alter & revive garments through stitch and embellishment/adding trims.
Make, Do and Mend
Make a Tote bag
Purchase a course now
Had a one to one sewing lesson with Mandy, she was patient and was friendly and put me at ease, Learn’t more in 3 hours than I had in 6 x 2 hours sessions at another venue, so was well worth the money!!! Mandy also showed me some quick tips to do things quicker and easier as Mandy told me she had previously worked in a factory.